 Marketplace / Auctions / 7103
Re: Want my car? I want your LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:27:57 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Christopher L. Weeks writes:

Lar gibed:
BTW, Chris, what would the postage to the UK on this gem be?  :-) Just in
case.

I'm just estimating, but when I punch 2200 lbs into the USPS international rate
calculator at http://ircalc.usps.gov/ it tells me "I'm sorry, but I cannot find
a way to mail your shipment to Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Try mailing
a smaller weight, breaking your order into several pieces, or contacting your
local Post Office to check on current sanctions."  If I break it into 100 22
pound packages, I can get it out there for the low low price of $3,568 for
surface post or $10,145 for air post.  How much of a hurry are you in?

Oh, I'd go air, surely. Don't forget to price in a welding torch to weld it
all back together in your trade request.  :-)

(let's see now...

One month to take it apart, 3 days to mail it air, 4 months to try to figure
out how to put it back together

vs.

One month to take it apart, 15 days to mail it surface, 4 months to try to
figure out how to put it back together

...that would be  153 days air vs 165 days surface. Seems worth the extra
$6,477 (approximately) to me. :-)... that is only, what, 15 MISB metroliners
or so? )

FUT set to .fun like I should have the first time. :-)

++Lar