 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 8599
Re: Want my car? I want your LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:06:01 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Scott Arthur writes:

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message

No, really!  It has air conditioning, four doors, a cargo area,

What is a "cargo area"? The volume in the back? I suppose in the UK we'd
still call that the boot (what you call the trunk).

Nope. It doesn't have a trunk/boot. US "station wagon" == UK "estate", and
thus, trunkless (some wagons have a small storage bin beneath the floor of the
cargo area, though...

Hope that helps. Knowing it's an estate (estate wagon?), what do you call the
part in back behind the seats, then?

BTW, Chris, what would the postage to the UK on this gem be?  :-) Just in case.

++Lar