 Marketplace / Auctions / 6206
Re: Auczilla? Anyone have problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 20:38:44 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

Eric, Michael:

Would you like me to send you now what I do have divvied out so far, AND
a refund of what you payed, and then you can send the money back again after
the remainder is sent to you?  Would that be acceptable?  (Basically, it's
a no-lose for you.)

Here are photos:

   http://www.auczilla.com/lego/xiii/MVC-376X.jpg  (Michael P)
   http://www.auczilla.com/lego/xiii/MVC-377X.jpg  (Eric N)

(Michael, I think all you bought was threads, so you're probably all set.)

Other than that, all I can do is apologize for how long this is taking me.
I'm working basically alone on the last couple of auctions, as Suzanne has
been sick for several months with severe depression.

I'm not sure if it is wise to make offers like this publicly, though I
assume most of the AucZilla participants understand how it works, and
you won't get stampeded with requests to ship what has been sorted so
far, along with a refund for what hasn't been sorted yet (though such an
offer may be a good customer service move to resolve specific problems).

One suggestion which might help somewhat would be to have a status
report on the web page, perhaps updated once a week. I don't think most
people realize the effort required to process this large an auction. I
know when I sort parts (which is MUCH simpler) I probably manage about
1000 parts an hour or so (+ or - an order of magnitude). I'd figure
auction lot processing takes at least twice as long, even factoring the
experience you may have.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com