 Marketplace / Auctions / 4763
Re: AucZILLA XII
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 06:46:49 GMT

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000 06:09:41 GMT, "Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.market.auction, Mike Timm writes:
Hey Todd, just how does the Auczilla software recognize your email
address?  In other words does it have to match spot on or would it
recognize "munged" email addresses?

Any address coming in which doesn't match spot on with addresses in the
bidder DB is highlighted, and I look at the name and figure out who it
goes to.  This is relatively rare (only usually a few times per auction)
because people tend to list their alternate addresses ahead of time, or
let me know when they're changing addresses.

I ask because I think I sent in a
bunch of bids with my "regular" usenet copy of agent instead of my
Lugnet copy.  The usenet copy has a "munged" email address that was
not there earlier.  So if I want to send in bids from that copy should
I get it set up as a different email address for bidding?  Curious
mostly.

I'm not sure what you mean by "munged" -- do you mean spamblocks?  Are you
sure you sent bids from an alternate address?  If so, they didn't show up
to me, AFAIK, because you only have one email address associated with your
name in the bidder DB.

--Todd
Exactly that, I started with:
mtimm@usinternet.com
went to this:
mtimm@SPAMTHISusinternet.com
in my usenet copy of agent, just too much spam if I don't.
hmm just checked the outbox on both copies and the messages appear in
neither of them, that's just weird appears to be on my end, never mind
I guess.
Mike

All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!