 Marketplace / Auctions / 4194
  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) Yeah, you'll get as many bids in the last 6 hours as you did in the first 5 days. You want a turkey auction, check this out: (URL) like I'll have to list them individually, probably taking in more money in the end. Speaking of this, I was just (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) You have no "pic" logo on the listing. Should always fill in the pic box... even if it is just with a irrelevant gif... it gets you hits. All mine have Ben Jackson's SpinWorker.... just to get me that "pic" logo. I have pictures of all the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) even (...) have (...) Done and done. Thanks for the tip, Scott! -Adam (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

Please take notice of this email which concern's an ebay auction which as the Lego Logo displayed This is from the Lego Site : (URL) trademarks, and logos, displayed on the Site, are trademarks of the LEGO Group. Nothing contained on the Site should (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) Clarification; before you use SpinWorker see : (URL) you have no idea what SpinWorker is, see this auction: (URL) A (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

Michael, (...) Which auctions are you talking about? Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Page -> (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

Thanks Adam Somebody has taken notice. Sorry for the confusion to the 2 Scott's -- Michael Please reply on medwards@ukonline.co.uk Home of the UK Technic Club Magazine Web site: www.technic-uk.co.uk (URL) to be updated, soon to be good 212 models (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) My thoughts exactly! -- Scott A My Lego Site : (URL) List : (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) He probably meant my auction, referenced earlier in this thread. I *had* a LEGO logo as the pic, but it's since been changed to something a little less scandalous. Sorry, guys. -Adam (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) And to increase the download times and irritate your potential bidders. Personally I don't think the pic logo makes any difference at all, I never bother doing something special to get it and any auctions which have pics built into the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) I doubt that's why he does it, irritating your bidders is bad business sense. And I'm sure he'll thank you not to make those kind of assumptions about him. Anyway, Kevin, pictures only increase the download times *of the pictures*, so why get (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) WOW. As soon as I placed some useless .gif picture on the bottom of my auction, the first 2 bids came a-rollin' in! Great advice, Scott! Thanks again. -Adam (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

Adam Hoekwater wrote in message ... (...) I do "it" so that all my auctions look similar.... just to remind bidders I have more than 1 lot.... I suppose I should try to make a logo up. Scott A (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) again. (...) Do I get commission? (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) Actually, my friend already is already getting one from this auction. I traded him my opened RIS 1.5 for all this stuff, but I felt like I was bilking him, so I promised him that the first $150 would be mine, then we would split any amount (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) Agreed. Scott, your auctions are pretty well done, but that one cutsie touch takes them from above average to average on the professionalism scale, in my book. Why not just use an image from the auction as your gallery pic? While we're (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) Wups: I should know better than to be facetious in a message, someone will always take you seriously. Seriously Adam, of course I know Scott doesn't do it to annoy bidders. But the fact is that extra graphics in auctions (extra to those which (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

(...) This is a known problem. I've just been too lazy to look out the set numbers (I can't read them on the picture). I'll update that one over the weekend. Scott A (25 years ago, 29-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Turkey Auctions....

Actually, I think it does help in the long run to have a picture (and the picture logo on your listing). Some bidders do actually look at only auctions with pictures. (I'm one of them, unless I can get a really clear picture in my mind what the lot (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)