 Marketplace / Auctions / 4103
Re: Cancelled bids on Ebay--what to do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:56:39 GMT

Subject line is wrong: we're talking bid retraction by the buyer here,
not bid cancellation by the seller.

I'd say all the reasons given in this thread for the bid retractions are
against the eBay "allowable reasons" for it (see the TOS
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-user.html#bab and also the
Buyers guide at
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buyerguide/bidding-retract.html). You could
try complaining to eBay (though they probably won't do anything), you
could point the bidders involved to those links, and you could leave
them negative feedback.

I had this happen right in the last hours of an auction which was REALLY
annoying since there was no time for the price to recover. The person
involved was a new eBay user and turned out to have been acting in good
faith (if ignorantly) and he agreed to pay more than the final bid price
(though less than his retracted bid).

Kevin
--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com