 Marketplace / Auctions / 4093
4092  |  4094
Subject:
Cancelled bids on Ebay--what to do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 14:09:12 GMT

I'm auctioning a bunch of sets on Ebay and have now had two cancelled bids
by people.  This is getting annoying and could potentially cost me some
bidders.  In the last case, the cancelled bid lowered the high bid by
about $20, giving as his reason his finances didn't allow it or something
like that. If people have been paying attention, this obviously could cost
me a lot of bidders unless they're willing to pay $20 more than the
current asking price.

So what do people do in situations like this?  Negative feedback for
cancelled bids is the first thing that comes to mind.  Also, is it
possible to cancel bids up until the last minute?  I'm afraid that if
people do this toward the end of the auction, I could get stuck with bids
getting lowered and the price having no chance to recover, then being
forced to sell at prices which are uncompetitive (from a seller's
standpoint).

Alan

Alan Demlow |demlow@lightlink.com |www.lightlink.com/demlow/sale/trade.txt