 Marketplace / Auctions / 4101
Re: Cancelled bids on Ebay--what to do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 16:59:36 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Scott Arthur writes:
It is just something you have to live with... it happens. Be thankful the bids
are retracted before the auction's end.

There are bidders who do it deliberately  try to manipulate the system. The
worst example of this I have experienced was when a bidder claimed to have • typed
"$54" by mistake rather than "$25". However, the bidder mailed me and • explained
the situation:

"would it be OK if I just left the wrong bid in place, and we could sort the
matter out afterwards"

Speaking of these things, what can I do with this guy?
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=243353322
He bid the opening bid, then immediately retracted it and as the reason put:
"Min Bid is too high for opened product; new product is available at near same"
Then he e-mailed me and said he will bid again WHEN I relist the item for a
lower price because it will not get any bids.
Another guy e-mailed me about this same item saying that he will buy it for
much less when the auction closes with no bids.