 Marketplace / Auctions / 3503
Re: New usefull feature in eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 18:02:05 GMT

Scott-A wrote in message ...
if you bid against yourself,

Frank,
So, you are now winning so many auctions you actually have to bid against
yourself to liven things up?

BTW : Does ebay recognize you were the last bidder and only increase your
max... or does it actually let you bid against your self?

It just increases your max.

Here's what the bid confirmation looks like (with my maximum bid removed to
protect the guilty):

Your bid for 50 SMALL YELLOW LEGO WINDOWS (item #213551862) is confirmed!

Thank you for your bid. You are the current high bidder.

Your bid was in the amount of:         $6.00
Your maximum bid was in the amount of: $**.**

After processing all the open bids for
this item, the current bid price is    $5.50

And here is what it says if I bid something less than my maximum:

Problem with bid amount

You are the current high bidder with bid amount $**.**.
Please go back and bid a higher price.
(Please type numbers and the decimal point (.) only.)

Frank