 Marketplace / Auctions / 2263
2262  |  2264
Subject:
SC Suggestions (was: Still bargains on my SC lots (was Re: FA - SC items - 6982 exploriens ...))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 14:33:52 GMT

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:18:25 GMT, "Derick Bulkley"
<dbulkley@seriouscollector.com> wrote:

I'd be tempted to bid but I'm afraid of being spammed daily once I get
outbid.

Thanks for the heads-up!  Look for a 'minimal mail' option on SeriousCollector
soon.  I'd very much like your input on what would be best for you as far as
email notification frequency....

Besides frequency, there's also brevity.  For each item I'm watching, I
just want to know the current bid & next higher bid and who's the current
high bidder (more specific: I want to know if *I* am the current high
bidder).  I don't care nearly as much about what I had already bid on the
item.  Right now, the e-mail updates from SC are hard to scan for the
current-status info.

I'd *love* to see a format with just one line per lot/item:

<item> <desc                    > <high-bid> <high-bidder    > <next-bid>

Steve
--
Always a bidder, never a buyer ;(