 Marketplace / Auctions / 2164
Re: Bricks @ Guarded Inn Beta-Testers Sought
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 22:47:37 GMT

OK, I posted an auction. Feel free to bid but it's not for real (there
is a reserve price, in the dollars, for a single 1x2 brick). However I
don't see it when I refresh the "new list"... is there a lag on that?

Also I had a deuce of a time getting it to take, it kept saying
"something wrong with the BID field" when I was certain there was not,
tried decimal or no decimal. etc. had to start over.

No worries, though.

Mike Stanley wrote:

Well, it isn't perfect yet, and it will probably never be pretty, but
it's up.  And it's free.

I've told everyone I'd try to get an auction site going that is
similar to my JABA site for a long time now, and it's finally up.
Here's the URL:

http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/

A few things:

First of all, let me stress that this site should be considered
BETA-quality in every respect - speed, reliability, functionality, you
name it.  When I'm satisfied that it's ready for prime-time, I'll let
you know.

Second, it's FREE.  FREE - let me stress that.  Free means you don't
pay me for it.  Free also means that while I may be able to find the
time to answer any questions you have about it, I'll be doing so at
_my_ convenience, when I can find the time to fit looking at it into
my rather busy life.  Not to be harsh, but if you're clue-impaired
then I suggest you sell your stuff at a place like eBay or
SeriousCollector - they'll charge you for it but that gives them a
vested interest in answering newbie-questions.  I'm too busy for that.

Third, it is incomplete right now - no rules page for one, and some
other things may or may not work.  I'll be getting to those RSN.  I
figured it would be better to announce it to people and let them find
other things that work or don't than to keep it to myself for another
week or so.  And if, in the process, some people can auction some
stuff off, make some money, etc, great.

Fourth, you'll see banner ads there.  Yep, I'm testing some other
stuff out for other sites I work on, so I'm playing with a banner
rotation thing.  Click on 'em if you want.  If I make enough in banner
income to pay for the web-hosting I'll be ecstatic, but I would put
this auction script up anyway, just because I said I would.

I won't be moving my own auctions over to this site anytime soon.  I
don't want to create any confusion - everything that is bought and
sold at www.guarded-inn.com/bricks is done without any direct
financial involvement on my part.  As soon as I work up a good
disclaimer I'll have it up there, but for now, just understand that
I'm not endorsing or guaranteeing any transaction conducted at the
site.

--
The pieces you want and nothing else - easy online bidding!
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)

lugnet.