 Marketplace / Auctions / 10900
Re: 6030 MISB lost in Slovakia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 17:32:08 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Bob Parker wrote:
Just wondering if there would typically be good non-suspicious reasons why a
user would set their ebay feedback to private if they have nothing to hide?

Could be because someone entered something like personal information in the
feedback text? I know sometimes I could learn at least part of an Ebay user's
"real life" name by reading their feedback, since some people would often say
things like "Thanks, Joe!" or something similar.

Otherwise, some people have nothing to hide but are paranoid. I know people who
go out of their way NOT to use those little supermarket cards because they don't
want their purchasing data known. Never mind that it's not linked to them
personally, they just don't want to feel spied on. I'm not generally one of
those people (and I'll probably never understand that sentiment) but it's common
enough.

DaveE