 Marketplace / Auctions / *2638 (-20)
  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) Good point. And this seller is a Powerseller and that paragraph I posted earlier *does* apply to him. Someone who doesn't care about their eBay status could complain (I am reluctant to do it myself because I sell a lot on eBay - with what I (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

Troy Cefaratti wrote in message ... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) price (...) As Troy pointed out, the auction ((URL) mentions not available in stores. This is false advertising because I have personally purchased this set in a store. Granted that (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

Hey Larry, Send the bidders email address and details of where the item is cheaper to me and I'll email them. Everyone knows how much respect I have for ebay, stuff this TOS business. Mark H. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) Now here's where you might have a legitimate beef. If the seller has modified the image, they are definitely violating fair use guidelines of TLG copyrighted material. Unfortuanately, eBay might not do anything unless TLG pursued the issue. Of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) If you won the bid, it probably wouldn't be against the TOS to leave a comment that you felt swindled, but you would not have recourse to back out of the purchase because of this (note that even Todd doesn't allow this for Auczilla). Once you (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) There is a difference here. Your proposed TOS is saying that since you've visited us, you must pay. It would be like a store saying that now that you've come in the door, you must pay us. There is no opportunity to read to the contract before (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) Um, it's WORSE than the McD sets. It's not a limited time set, and the starting bid was 400% markup, and if the guy used the buy-5-save-$4.50 deal in the S@H catalogs, it was a 600% markup. Believe it or not, some of us PAID $11 for that McD (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

Pretty damn sad, especially since one person bought all 5. And I just ordered 4 of those today for a CDN RTLer for cost... (...) Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) Hmm. Curiousity. What about e-mailing a bidder after the auction is over? What if you wait until the auction is over, and then provide neutral feedback? Could eBay legitimately gripe if I went out and bid on one of these 'rare' sets, and then (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  FA(eBay): 2150 Red Train Station

MISB, 2150 red Train Station (URL) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  [MN] 46 Light Gray Brick Lots posted to BRICKS

I've started posting the second half of the auctions that I was supposed to get up last week. Below you'll find 46 lots of Light Gray Bricks, perfect for castle building or just about anything else. More Light Gray parts will follow, including (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) considered (...) they (...) These (...) between (...) bids, (...) spend. (...) but (...) "not available in stores" implies that you cannot get the set yourself. Also, did you see the editing on the image? I'm sure that there was a price or a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) I know you've said you feel constrained to abide by that ridiculous interpretation of the TOS, especially since you wish to continue to bid on things at eBay. But do you honestly think people who have no desire to register or use eBay are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) An email to a bidder with the S@H phone number is bid siphoning under eBay TOS. And eBay TOS applies to you whether you are registered as a bidder or seller or not. (it applies as of the moment you view the first eBay page, your viewing is (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) considered (...) they (...) These (...) between (...) bids, (...) spend. (...) but (...) to (...) number (...) Amen. A very nice way of saying what I have tried to say in the past. If a seller openly lies or even misleads, I have no problem (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

At 11pcs, and an opening price of 9.99, that's almost $1 a piece... even the eBay loony buyers balk at that for a starting price I guess! Though some parts lots regularly sell at more than that per piece by the end of the bidding. Kevin (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

I am really curious as to why these over-ambitious capitalists are considered scam artists. None of these listings openly lie about the products, true they don't come out and advertise their competition, but they break no laws. These sellers are (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Classic Space 497 6886 6951 6955

I need to clear off the dining room table. Here is what has to go. 497 Galaxy Explorer This is a complete set in mint condition. The box shows a lot of wear. Instructions included Minimum bid $50, increments $2 minimum I had this one before I came (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) Yeah, but I think you can only leave negative (or positive) feedback if you actually complete a transaction with the person. (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Another ebay scammer

(...) I think that there are serious flaws in the eBay feedback system, and that they leave us open to situation like this. Unfortunately, people seem to get a big head when they get a high rating. Does this mean that since I have a rating of 41, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact