 Marketplace / Appraisal / 272
Re: Market Values: Database or Other Resources?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 00:03:24 GMT

I double wrap the boxes with tray paper we use for picking raisins.  It is
similar to butcher paper.  I ship them via UPS, which runs $4.71 to $6.95,
as I have a daily pickup here at work.  there is actually a fuel surcharge
right now, but it is minimal, so I absorb that.  Most of the time, the boxes
arrive with no damage.  If there is any, it is only minor and never impacts
the set.  If it were a "RARE MISB" set, then I would put it into a seperate
box, but I don't have a lot of sets I consider rare.

As for international shipping, look at my auction descriptions and go to the
international shipping calculator link.  That will answer all questions on
shipping charges and cuts down the number of questions a tremendous amount.

For the lazy, here is the link:
http://ircalc.usps.gov/

I hope this helps.  I am almost out of the 4565s and unless I come into
more, I should be through them in about 3 weeks.

Mike

PS:  Please either email me or post on Lugnet, not both, unless you make a
note in the email, as I am not set up to post via email and my replies get
rejected.

Maggie Cambron <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message
Mike Poindexter wrote:

Were you looking for a 4565 or were you looking up my history on other
items?

Actually I was checking the history on 4565's sold because I picked up a • few for
cheap and thought I would unload them on eBay.  I figured I would wait • until you
and Tom S. got rid of all yours before putting mine on (no sense in • flooding the
market, is there?).  Also, I'm not really looking forward to it because it • seems
like a pain to ship such a large item.  I mean, did you go out and buy • boxes or
use ones you have lying around?  Is USPS or UPS (or something else) • better?  Is
international shipping prohibitive?  Etc....

Maggie C.