 Local / United States / Texas / *351 (-20)
  Re: Turaga

(...) You know, a simple "no" would have sufficed. (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Turaga

Jeez, this section moves slow. Anyway, has anyone seen Turaga available in Houston, especially around the Missouri City area? (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: Costco: Where's the LEGO?

I live in north Austin, up 183 near Oak Knoll. There is a Costco under construction on 183 between Braker and Duval. The one I visited was in Southlake, though, a DFW suburb. (Visiting family last weekend.) They were giving away 1 year memberships (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Formerly-Kabaya Castle Sets (w/chrome armor) at KB Toys

The KB Toys at Baybrook Mall has 2 full displays containing all of the 4 castle sets with chrome elements. james (23 years ago, 16-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Snowspeeders Half-Off at Telephone Rd. K-Mart

The subject says it all. They had seven or eight last night (just be sure to leave me a couple - I haven't bought any yet ;^) For what its worth, I've found the Telephone Rd. K-Mart to be the best place in town for finding bargains. (I once got 2 (...) (24 years ago, 2-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.hou)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) How typical..:-) People calls facial tissue as "Selpak" (a local brand) here. Selçuk (24 years ago, 31-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) Ahhh, now I get it. So they must be really un-impressed then that there's such a thing as LUGNET: "LEGO Users Group Network". This then implies that we are all users of the LEGO company, as there is no such thing as LEGO the product :] Should (...) (24 years ago, 30-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) This is a misunderstanding. They didn't even consider that people might interpret the message as saying that "LEGO" without an 'S' is the correct plural. Instead, they're saying "LEGO", like all trademarks, is not a noun, it's an adjective. (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) Does God have a name for God? follow up in off-topic.debate if you dare... My example (perhaps a bad one) aimed to show how a proper noun in the singular describes something quite differently from a common noun in the plural, or used (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) Actually, gods exsisted long before your "God" who, when you think about it, stole the term. I personally don't think lego has anything to worry about. I mean, Megabloks? I wouldn't be all that scared if was them. (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) Lego/Legos creates brand dilution too, particularly in the usage "I bought these MegaBlok legos because they were cheaper, and fit with other legos." Think about God/gods. You talk about God, you're talking about the One Almighty. You talk (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) It's the same story in much of Canada. I suppose it could be called "brand dilution" but it's somewhat inevitable if you're the most recognized brand. And it could be a good thing, I think. LEGO claims to be gunning for that title now... (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) Having pretty much grown up in Texas, I can relate to David's comments. I don't think I've ever asked for a facial tissue, it's always been a Kleenex regardless of the actual brand. It very well may be a regioinal faux pas. Build on! Karl (...) (24 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: 20 Years of TLC's Frustration with "LEGOS"

(...) Yeah, this is important for them to protect their trademark. If "Legos" becomes synonymous with plastic building blocks according to a judge somewhere, then people would be able to buy Megablok legos, etc. I have a bad habit of offending them (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Re: Alpha Team

The TRU here in Binghamton had them all too. I only got the Demolition team for the launchers and the worm gear box. ;) -- Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D. "D M Garcia" <dmglego@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GA070z.2rL@lugnet.com... (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ama, lugnet.year.2001)

  Alpha Team

Found the whole collection at TRU today in Amarillo -- D M Garcia (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.tx.ama, lugnet.year.2001)

  Re: To Tom Reed and James Simpson (Re: Austin Group)

(...) Hi Pat- I live in Austin as well, but I only browse this newsgroup about twice a month due to low message count. I'm 26 and my girlfriend and I are into Town, Train, and Egyptian themes. -brandon (24 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: To Tom Reed and James Simpson (Re: Austin Group)

(...) Hi Pat, Looks like you are getting more Austin responses now! I know there are a few others in Austin. I'm not sure you can get them to respond. Maybe they don't read this newsgroup too often. I'm into Pirate's and Castle mostly! I like to see (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: To Tom Reed and James Simpson (Re: Austin Group)

(...) Greetings and thanks for the reply! AFAIK, a state-wide group (out of Dallas) is in the works. I'd enjoy some kind of regional gathering as well, though. Wasn't there a pretty strong Austin group for a while there? james (24 years ago, 30-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

  Re: To Tom Reed and James Simpson (Re: Austin Group)

Im here too. I just came out of my dark ages about a year ago. My wife and I spend quite a bit of time now doing Star Wars and Castle (and Paradisa with our kids) Work and kids keeping me pretty busy as well. (24 years ago, 29-Jan-01, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.aus)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact