 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 47
Re: Mid Ohio LEGO Fest '99?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:41:15 GMT

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 05:17:36 GMT, Michael Huffman
<mhuffman@mindspring.com> wrote:

[good stuff snipped]

This sounds interesting.  I'm not sure I'd be able to be there, but it
sounds very cool!  I especially like that you want to reach non-internet
LEGO fans, instead of just providing a way for us internet-types to do a
F2F.

The Fest would be open to everyone.  Kids under 14 would get in
free with paying adult.  I'm thinking about leaving flyers at local
toy stores & comic shops, to generate more interest in
non-internet LEGO enthusiast.  Entrance fee would be like $3-5...
This is to help pay for renting the building & pay for prizes;
extra goes towards the next Fest.

Don't forget about getting listed in local newspapers.  They often offer
a free listings for 'community events'.  In my hometown paper, this
listing is on the front page.

Donate any extra $$ to the youth group.  That way, it's not a for-profit
operation.  Which goes back to getting listed in the papers.  Be clear
that entrance fees go first to pay for the event, excess goes to youth
group (or whomever), deficit is paid by the organizers.

Steve