 Local / United States / North Carolina / Raleigh / 21
Re: Hi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 02:16:08 GMT

Where the hell is Cary?

There are about ten of us 'experienced' buildings in Charlotte. There's
myself, a self-proclaimed 'master', and a few others. Most of the people in
Charlotte aren't big on this stuff; most of my old friends have given up Legos.

There are few ravers in town who like to build with Legos. Like me, they are
big fans of the 'glowing' elements that shine in black lights.

Since you live in the NC area, I'll let you in on a little secret. The manager
at the Toys R Us near Carolina Place Mall (on Carolina Place Parkway near
Highway 51 and I-485) told me that he was planning to set out the Episode 1
sets in May 1st, during his afternoon shift.

That same Toys R Us will be opening at 11:59 PM on Sunday, May 3rd, for a
massive sales event on Episode 1. Legos, action figures, video games, and
more. They will be having a costume contest and 50 prizes will go out to the
best costumes.

I'll be heading there May 1st to stock up on Episode 1 stuff. My friend
Katrina also works at the Toys R Us on E. Independance BLVD. (74 East). I am
trying to get a jump on the release so I can get to the sets before the other
suckers do.