 Local / United States / North Carolina / Charlotte / 12
11  |  13
Subject:
Hi!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.cha, lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur, lugnet.loc.us.nc.fay, lugnet.loc.us.nc.gre, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc.win
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 05:29:19 GMT

Hi, I've recently come out of my dark ages, actually, I like to think of
them as my dim ages, I always oohed and aahed the Lego aisle in stores...
Thanks to the internet Fred Martin (who spoke about Mindstorms and other fun
technology ideas at a recent company function) and the AFOL community for
giving me permission to indulge....

I live in Cary and am currently digesting a rather large pile of Lego sets.
I have certainly dived into the deep end (I have now made two virtuallly all
day Lego shoping trips hitting about 10 stores on each trip, yesterdays trip
included a jaunt to Wilson to see if the big Model Railroad store out there
happened to carry Lego trains - it didn't, but the Wilson Big K netted be a
cartload of my other recent indulgence, the Galoob Star Wars action sets
line).

I hope people don't mind me posting to all the NC groups, it seems like
there's currently a small number of us, and it seems worthwhile to let
people know (heck, I'd be happy to drive to Charlotte for a weekend Lego get
together, and certainly as far as Winston-Salem for a day trip).

Frank Filz