Re: making train cars for the show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:23:08 GMT

"Cary Clark" <cary@corp.nospamwebtv.net> wrote in message
news:GM10Bp.A1q@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Frank Filz writes:
Cary Clark wrote:

[ ... snipped ... ]

I built a couple of club cars last night and realized that club cars have
both the extra doors and the extra faucets to finish the middle cars. • Since
the difference between the 10001 and the K10001 is only $18.00, it makes
buying more K10001s attractive to have a long, long Metroliner for my home
layout. I already have a 12 car train, and Christmas is coming...

I agree, Frank, we'll end up with way too many Metroliner cars for the • NCLTC
layout, but that's half the fun. It'll be another reason to stretch the
layout by 10 more feet. Too bad that I can't order a 10001 that comes with
straight track instead of curves.

Cary

Over the last couple of years I have been trying to accumulate Metroliners
odds and ends to make some other cars for the train.  Now that the parts are
more plentiful this should be a little easier to do.  As opposed to adding
more passenger cars, I think I will work on two or three "support" cars.  A
bar car, a mail car, and some sort of baggage car.  My limiting factor is
6x28 grey wagon plates.

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.nclug.net/ctb - Carolina Train Builders