Re: making train cars for the show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:57:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Frank Filz writes:
Cary Clark wrote:

I suspect we may wind up with a much too big Metroliner... I should wind
up with a 6-8 car train. I may try and do some train building this
weekend. I need to build all my 7740 cars (I hope I have enough black
6x28 train plates, I may have to order some more car kits). At least one
of my 4 Club Cars will be sacrificed for a 7740 style Club Car. Of
course that will provide some more doors for Metroliner cars (in
addition to the original Metroliner doors I have).

I built a couple of club cars last night and realized that club cars have
both the extra doors and the extra faucets to finish the middle cars. Since
the difference between the 10001 and the K10001 is only $18.00, it makes
buying more K10001s attractive to have a long, long Metroliner for my home
layout. I already have a 12 car train, and Christmas is coming...

I agree, Frank, we'll end up with way too many Metroliner cars for the NCLTC
layout, but that's half the fun. It'll be another reason to stretch the
layout by 10 more feet. Too bad that I can't order a 10001 that comes with
straight track instead of curves.

Cary