Re: Interim Trip Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 18:34:40 GMT

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:3A310F23.2C67@mindspring.com...
I thought I'd report on my trip so far.

[ ... snipped ... ]

After arriving in San Jose late, I then got to Hertz where there was an
hour and half to two hour wait for a car. Seems like in two years they
have gone from 800 rentals per day to close to 3000, and to boot, they
had returned many of their cars because of seasonal volume predictions.

[ ... snipped ... ]

Frank, your experience is not a unique.  The last time I was in San Jose I
had to wait about an hour.  Everyone I work with knows that Hertz (and to
some extent all rental car companies at the San Jose airport but Hertz seems
to be the worst) has a huge problem delivering cars in San Jose.  Sometimes
it is easier to rent a car at a local hotel if they have a rental car
counter.  I think the DoubleTree had/has car rental counters.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com