Re: Interim Trip Report - Part 3 - Pictures!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:49:31 GMT

Ok, got the Flashpath software installed on a computer here at work so I
could upload pictures...

Check out (warning big pictures):

Unfortunately during the Baylug meeting I was too busy trading to take
many pictures, and I got almost no pictures of people. Bayluggers will
have to identify what and who I got pictures of.

I also took pictures this morning of my creations. The first creation is
my Martian Walker. The second is my red spaceship. The red spaceship was
created first Thursday evening. About 80% of the parts come from a Shell
Ferrari, the rest come from other Shell sets, some bits (mostly
electrics) from 735, and 2 red 8x8 lattice plates from Dan Velasco's
treasure trove.

The walker needs serious re-work. The head is way too heavy for the
click hinges and the whole thing is too heavy for the legs. I'll need to
make the legs double thickness, and that combined with a diet on the
head ought to help a lot.

I had fun with the red ship making a space ship with almost no space
parts (the only space sets I had during it's creation was the little UFO
flyer from Shell mini-set #9 and a Light Sabre Duel). I was pleased with
how the engines came out, though some more Technic parts would have been
useful (the mounting brackets are 2x6 plates, with Technic plates, the
axle running through the wheel hubs could also run through the plate).
The flaps using the old style doors are neat, but they fall off easily.
I like the effect of the windscreen created by using two trans-light
blue 1x2x2 thin-walls and the sloped nose brick. The cockpit is lighted
with a dual flashing light.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com