Subject:
custom sets (was: Re: Interim Trip Report - Part 2)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:36:21 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

I also
picked up some Kabaya sets from ? (oops - the carbon copy of the check
got stuck to the check). I also bought pieces from another person who I
paid cash (sorry - with so many names, and my wonderful name memory, I'm
just drawing blanks here).

The person who had the Kabaya sets also had several fan made kits
(Larry's PCC Street Car, Mike Walsh's covered gondola and caboose, Dan
Siskind's tavern, and someone's tank. The tank was nicely boxed in a box
which had been spray painted olive green and then the kit name was
stenciled on in yellow).

That person was Ali Vahidsafa.  Thanks, Ali, for bringing those.
It was very interesting to see how other people produced their
sets.  (shameless plug:  I still have some of the Christmas theme
napkin holder sets for sale at Bendyarm's on www.brickbay.com
They are a good value just for the bricks... but my store is only
open for two more days until I close down for the holidays)

A special thanks to Derek, too, for bringing the crane.
That was really amazing.

Cheers,
/Eric McCarthy/
bendyarm@aol.com