Subject:
NC people
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:59:08 GMT

Hi
I have a general idea of the NC people (however, a rollcall of sorts would
be nice...) from seeing the posts in this newsgroup and looking up websites
f/memberpages.   I see a lot of wonderful creations, trains ( and more
trains!) and boxes ...
Are trains the main focus ?  (I'm trying to figure out where/if  I fit in
here.)  I must admit I have only seen the Lego trains on the internet and
one in a box on a store shelf.  Sounds like to me you guys all in the "deep
end of the pool" while I'm over to the side happily spashing around in my
inflatible Little Mermaid  pool with my kids.   Never the less at some
point, I would like to pop in briefly at a get together to say  hello and
hopefully see what people are working on/building.  My family keeps my
fairly busy and I 'm not located that close to anyone, so it might be quite
a while before this can occur.   I will keep reading with interest about The
New Hope Valley plans.   If there is a display there  (May 7th?) maybe I can
get my crew to come with me and at least see it.   How does NHV compare to
the Transportation Museum in Spencer ?  I am assuming smaller, but by how
much?  Everyone liked the Spencer trip although it has been quite a while a
go.

sheree (G'boro)