Re: NC people
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 23:10:29 GMT

A roll call would be a good idea and it should probably be it's own thread.

For the rest of your questions, the idea of first getting together revolved
around efforts to set up a display at a train show last fall.  It never
worked out but the desire to do so still remains.  I personally am not only
into trains but it is currently driving a lot of what I do.  I resisted for
a long time (in relative terms) but once I got one, I ended up with a whole
slew of stuff.

A lot of what I personally build has direct influence from my son (age five)
and my daugther (to a lesser extent, age three).  We build a lot of cars and
trucks.

As for the NHVR, I have not heard back from them yet.  It is an interesting
operation, they restore old train equipment and occasionally run it on a
section of track they lease for an afternoon (as I understand it).  They
sell rides and they place is almost always packed with kids.  We have taken
our kids for rides a number of times and they always have a good time.  More
info on NHVR is at:  http://www.mindspring.com/~nhvry

Mike - live in Cary, work in RTP

"sheree rosenkrantz" <srosez@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi
I have a general idea of the NC people (however, a rollcall of sorts would
be nice...) from seeing the posts in this newsgroup and looking up • websites
f/memberpages.   I see a lot of wonderful creations, trains ( and more
trains!) and boxes ...
Are trains the main focus ?  (I'm trying to figure out where/if  I fit in
here.)  I must admit I have only seen the Lego trains on the internet and
one in a box on a store shelf.  Sounds like to me you guys all in the • "deep
end of the pool" while I'm over to the side happily spashing around in my
inflatible Little Mermaid  pool with my kids.   Never the less at some
point, I would like to pop in briefly at a get together to say  hello and
hopefully see what people are working on/building.  My family keeps my
fairly busy and I 'm not located that close to anyone, so it might be • quite
a while before this can occur.   I will keep reading with interest about • The
New Hope Valley plans.   If there is a display there  (May 7th?) maybe I • can
get my crew to come with me and at least see it.   How does NHV compare to
the Transportation Museum in Spencer ?  I am assuming smaller, but by how
much?  Everyone liked the Spencer trip although it has been quite a while • a
go.

sheree (G'boro)