 Local / United States / Michigan / 355
Re: Shell LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 20:46:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.mi, Pam Fryer writes:
Thank you, Jeff, for saving me the trouble of calling the stations!  I should
be able to wait until Thurs. or Fri. for more gas.

I thought they would be out later this month, but by some fluke of luck when we
came back from Canada last night we had to stop for gas in Detroit and there
was a big sign on the forecourt advertising LEGO.  I was able to buy one each
of 8 small sets for $1.49 ea. with $14.00 of gas.  They didn't have any but the
small sets, and only 8 of those.
I am sorry, I can't recall the exit off I-94, we were all tired and I didn't
think to write down which exit.  Driving west it was after the airport but
before Haggerty Road.
Pam that sounds like the wayne rd. exit.Chris Leach

Pam

In lugnet.loc.us.mi, Jeff Hudson writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.mi, Steve Bliss writes:
I called Shell yesterday, there are a number of stations in Michigan that
offer the sets, but they are predominantly on the South-East side of the
state (not surprising), and the Western side of the UP (kinda surprising).

There were *none* in the Grand Rapids area. Grr.

Steve

I've called a number of the Shell stations around KZOO and most of them have
told me that they will be receiving the sets.  I have noticed that when
calling you should ask the manager because most of the clerks are not aware of
the promotion.  Also, they are expecting the sets to arrive either this
Thursday or Friday.
-Jeff