 Local / United States / Colorado / Denver / 41
Re: GTG in Denver
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co.den
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 15:41:47 GMT

I don't fully agree with the building with the host's pieces idea.  I think we all
should be able to bring our pieces, but with the knowledge that we bring them
at our own risk.  I do agree with the idea that we don't mix pieces, unless it
involves a trade.  That topic is something which I'm sure could be debated
until eternity. I plan on bringing a few piece favorites, or even a couple of
creations to show off.  After all, how many people can you show your LEGOs
to who are actually interested?

The later dinner would actually work better for my wife and I (if she comes)
since she doesn't get home until 6:00.

Maybe a pizza delivery is a better choice.  (If you don't mind greasy hands on
your LEGOs)  That way we could eat, build etc. all at the same time.

Just some thoughts,

Duane

Larry Pieniazek writes:
Duane Hess wrote:

I was suggesting dinner just for an "introductory" phase.  I though we could
figure things out from there.  I would love to have a building session.  Does
anyone have the space so that we could spread out?  Our place is too
disorganized at the moment.

Sure, fine, let's do dinner first. I just typically can't get away from
work till well past 7 or 8 PM, and need to go to bed by 11ish typically
given that I have 7 AM meetings a lot of the time.

What's nice about my apt is that it doesn't HAVE much else than LEGO. A
stereo, some clothes in my bedroom, but the whole living/dining area is
LEGO. So we can do the building thing there easily. Since I like
town/train/mono as well, going to the Sherman place is fine too.

I'd rather not mix pieces (except as trading fodder for permanent
re-homing) so any building at my place would be with my pieces, and I
would expect the same to be the case at the Sherman's...

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.