 Local / United States / Colorado / Colorado Springs / 11
Re: Know of any good stores?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.co.cos
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 03:32:10 GMT

Hi Bryan. I didn't get any free time in Colorado Springs at the holidays, oh
well.

I think Little Richard's Toys has Lego. That is, unless that store on Tejon
has morphed into something else again. It's between Poor Richard's Book
Store and Richard's Restaurant. In 1986 it was Poor Richard's Cinema, then
it closed up and reopened as a coffee shop. Then all the other coffee shops
opened up and after everybody had learned how to spell Latte, Poor RIchard's
got out of that business (one less outlet for Poor Richard's Bakery which
was in Manitou) brought back the Cinema. I'm a bit confused how it all fit
together, but I think the book store moved over to make room for Little
Richard's Toys after the Open Egg folded.

The Walmart on 8th street is just like any Walmart. There is some little toy
store in Woodland Park I never got around to visiting, you might look it up
just to cover all the bases.

I found a Pink Lego Bucket at the Goodwill in Manitou once. It was the Lego
bucket but it only had Megablocks inside. Haven't found Lego at the Goodwill
by Chapel Hills, or at any garage sales, ever.

Colorado Springs was my Lego Dark Ages; I bought my last set just before
moving there (set 6384) -- the first and last I found on clearance for a
long time!

Then those ugly gray castles started coming out, and I noted those awful
POOPS and stuff at other people's houses in COS. Who knew that those were
the days?