Re: Structural weakness in MOCs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 04:53:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Zonker Harris <zonkerh@corp.webtv.net> writes:
Strangely, I've found that one of my MOC deisel engines doesn't
hold up well in 'extended service'...after a few hours, I was suffering
frequent structural failures. I'd fix one failure, and find another
different one around the next bend. :-(

How many of us have left our trains running, pulling loads of cars,
for more than 4 hours at a stint? We should probably plan to have a few
test runs for folks own cars, to make sure that they hold up to the
test of time, so to speak. (The show floor is probably the wrong
place to discover the initial weaknesses. ;-)

Ugg.. Zonker-man speakum truth.. I'll be sure to do testing at home too. But
the good thing is that there won't be any (shouldn't be any) "unskilled
handling" and "creative re-building" of stock like there was at BayLUG's first
meeting, not that it wasn't fun for some :-)

I gotta do some cleaning on my stuff too cuz engine wheels have been slipping
a bit lately. And yes, my engine is plenty heavy :)

-Tom McD.