Subject:
Structural weakness in MOCs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 01:27:29 GMT

  Strangely, I've found that one of my MOC deisel engines doesn't
hold up well in 'extended service'...after a few hours, I was suffering
frequent structural failures. I'd fix one failure, and find another
different one around the next bend. :-(

  How many of us have left our trains running, pulling loads of cars,
for more than 4 hours at a stint? We should probably plan to have a few
test runs for folks own cars, to make sure that they hold up to the
test of time, so to speak. (The show floor is probably the wrong
place to discover the initial weaknesses. ;-)

       -Z-

--
Zonker Harris  (zonkerh@corp.webtv.net, zonker@gnac.com)
GNAC Broadband Network Architect, Microsoft Broadband Deployment