Re: Who has Metroliner cars?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:56:11 GMT

Mike Poindexter wrote:

At the risk of letting the cat out of the bag, I know of a person who has a
s*** load of Metroliners.  Any chance he will hook us up?  (Hint, hint!)

Good thing you didn't give out their name, they'd be deluged ;-)  I still need 2
more 4558s ;-)

Beyond that, the only other person around us who has a Metroliner is the 3
car unit Eric McCarthy had.  Of course, we will have to convert most of
these to all cars, which is not really that easy.  Each metroliner comes
with 14 windows and the standard pullman coach takes up 10.  That puts you
short 6 windows on coach #2 and only enough doors for 2 coaches anyway.  I
built the subway style of cars, as they only require 8 windows each.  Still,
I am very short on windows as it is.

Yes, I'm trying to work around this, and will cheat too - not ALL cars have to
be passenger cars, I will make a few baggage only cars that will have the large
doors from the rear non-powered engine car, and (until I can get enough windows)
will try to figure out how to use less windows in a few other cars.

2 of my Club cars will be built as intended, the other 2 will be "regular
passenger cars with storage underneath" - the dropdown section will have doors
to store stuff in (bicycles, luggage, etc).

I have 5 club cars built in yellow/black that I am going to change over to a
black metroliner, possibly.

That's a whole different topic ;-)  I'll be working on a "short" black
Metroliner (10 cars or less) once the Soccer vans come out, and the window panes
will either be plain glass, or the trans-lt-blue from 3225s.  I'm also debating
on whether I'll make them black with the RWB stripe, or make a red/black scheme
to match my freight train.

Mike

Tom Stangl, VFAQman <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message
If we end up doing NMRA, it would be nice to have a monster Metroliner on
the layout.  I'll have at least 15 cars relatively soon (not all with full
doors/windows - 3 4558s, 2 grey wagon plates, and 4 4547s), Mike has 12, • so
that's 27 already.  Anyone else have any?

If I can manage to somehow find any grey windows without spending a mint,
my goal is 20 cars for my 4558.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/