Re: New LEGO groups?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 18:14:22 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, ba-lego@cinnamon.com (Zonker Harris) writes:
[...]
In our case, getting the website up makes it easier for folks to
find the groups in their area. (Of course, that would imply that
the websites are also submitted to a few of the search engines. :-)

Say, how far from around California do folks travel to attend BayLUG
meetings?  One of the reasons for the complete hierarchical revamp of
the www.lugnet.com website last month was to begin organizing links and
resources topically -- and as close as possible to the discussion group
homepages -- for browsing convenience, etc.

BayLUG is currently linked to from the .loc.us.ca.sf homepage:

   http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/ca/sf/

but do you think it would be more helpful if it were also linked to from
other nearby pages?  Certainly the subgroups of .sf and the main .ca
(California) group might make sense.

--Todd

p.s.  Are the subgroups of .sf getting in the way?  Should they be killed
or kept?