Re: Booth monitors and crowd control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 00:51:39 GMT

     I think alot of the inside room and table problems will be solved with a
standardization of tables. If they are all the same general length, width and
heigth not only can the planning be completely layout based, but set up should
be faster. I know this is hard to do with very personalized setups that
require certain sized tables, but it is something to talk about.

     From pictures of the stock, it seemed that a larger yard, more town and
maybe even some kind of display would not be a bad thing. So, yes, more
tables. The fold down type setup faster and easier, but the PNLTC legs seemed
steadier and actually recieved many kudos from surrounding exhibitors. Several
behind us took some time to examine them, for use on there own tables. Also,
the fact that the PNLTC style could bolt together made them much more secure
than the fold outs, so maybe the bolt together idea can be worked into fold
down if we change to them.

     Tables vs Modules..Being the guy that carried in the tables, I am leaning
towards tables because of the weight bulkiness of modules. Though the idea of
each person finishing there own table is a tempting idea. This seems to be a
common theme among the clubs. Each table has a good symetry while the entire
layout has a wide variety of sytles and flavors.

My main point here is that we probably need to try to get our tables
together before a show, and make sure we all see how they fit. The
NMRA show was the first time many of these tables and legs had been
mated together, and new holds had to be drilled, etc. The show floor
is a hard place to do integration. Having a test-run before the show
would have given us some time to rework the track plan, and maybe even
make another table or two. (We can now try to make some layout designs
with more room, so when we get asked to display, we can try to get a
slightly larger booth, having tried a few other designs.)

On this.. I agree wholeheartedly and without exception.