Re: Public Thank You for our NMRA show supporters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 01:34:30 GMT

David K. Z. Harris <ba-lego@cinnamon.com> wrote in message
  I know I can't name everyone, but I'm going to shoot for 80%, and
count on others to chip in with the rest of the names.

Module Builders  (OK, so we didn't get to use them this time, but a
                   bunch of folks tried to help make it happen, and
                   that's worthy of thanks!)
  Mike Poindexter tops this list, but he's had help. Some of the folks
    who made at least one pilgrimage down to build were Paul Sinasohn,
    Tom Stangle, and the whole McCarthy clan (and me). Tim Courtney
    also came in for a few days to help before KidVention. Whe else Mike?

People who came down were:

Aaron Hines (from Modesto)
Paul Sinasohn - TWICE - Thanks Paul
Tom McDonald
Tim Courtney - Stayed for many days - paid for room & board by building :-)
Zonker

I thought that there was one other, but I can't remember right now.

When Eric McCarthy & his family came down, we had already abandoned hope of
getting modules done and just made structures.  They made a nice playground,
but I ran out of room in my car to bring it.  I also had to strip the parts
from the Breezeway Cafe his daughter put together so that I could finish the
front of the train station.

Rolling Stock
  Mike and Tom Stangle were the anchors here, providing *15* metroliner
    style cars and locomotives. (Yes, we have video of them running.)
  Tom McDonald brought his 4449 S.P. Daylight steamer, and it was a tie
    between the Daylight and the Metroliner for "most requested train".

Actually, the requests were equally distributed between the metroliner, the
bee-liner and the Daylight.  They would always ask why we weren't running
the XYZ train.  We would go and switch them over and they would be gone by
the time we parked the old train and started up the new one and somebody
else would ask why we weren't running the one we just parked!

Mike