 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 197 (-40)
  LUGOLA sidebar-Affiliations

Earlier this morning I was updating the .org.us.lugola sidebar trying to prepare it for the August meeting and adding in links to the pictures from our June meeting. As I was working on this, I opted to include a section detailing those things that (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  SCLTC to Display at TCA 49th Convention

The Southern California LEGO® Train Club is pleased to announce our second appearance at the TCA 49th National Convention at the Ontario Convention Center, Ontario, California ((URL) ). The Ontario Convention Center, is located at 2000 Convention (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jun-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.announce)

  Meeting on May 31st for SIGGRAPH in San Diego

A meeting date and time for LEGO enthusiasts interested in participating at the 2003 SIGGRAPH has been set. The meet up with organizers for the show will be on Saturday, May 31st, at the San Diego Convention Center from 4:00 to 5:00 pm. Organizers (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  SCLTC to display at National Orange Show, San Bernardino, CA

The Southern California LEGO® Train Club is pleased to announce our second appearance at the 88th National Orange Show at the Orange Fairgrounds in San Bernardino, California. Our club members are busily expanding the recently displayed layout from (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe) !

  LDraw users - help out at SIGGRAPH 2003

I'm looking for a few (2-4) people who would like to help talk about LDraw tools at SIGGRAPH 2003 this summer. You might have seen Adrian's post looking for builders here: (URL) and where? SIGGRAPH 2003 is at the San Diego Convention Center, July (...) (21 years ago, 15-May-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.cad) !

  SCLTC to display at the Annual Fullerton Railroad Days

The Southern California LEGO Train Club (SCLTC) is pleased to announce our second appearance at the Fullerton Railroad Days at the Santa Fe Train Station in Fullerton, California. Our club members are busily at work on what promises to be an (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa)

  Sidebar update

Last week, Todd graciously granted me the curatorships of both lugnet.org.us.lugola and lugnet.loc.us.ca.la. As such, I now have the power to fill the sidebars with all sorts of informative goodies. What I want to know is what kinds of goodies do (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Return of the Swallows, Mission San Juan Capistrano, CA

The Mayor of San Juan Capistrano (Hon. John S. Gelff) along with Gerald J. Miller (Administrator of the San Juan Capistrano Mission) stop for a moment to admire a diaorama of the San Juan Mission crafterd entirely in LEGOs by members of the Southern (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Return of the Swallows, Mission San Juan Capistrano, CA

Some of the SCLTC club members will be bringing a slightly enlarged "Pirates attacking the Mission" layout for this year's Return of the Swallows Cellebration at Mission San Juan Capistrano (expected size is 70" x 120"). The Pirate theme was (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  In SoCal for a few days and looking for places to crash and people to meet and creations to photograph

Hey SoCal, I'm having a total blast here at BricksWest meeting people and photographing creations. Some of the stuff here is just mindblowing. After BricksWest I'm actually going to be hanging around in SoCal for a few days, and then I fly out LAX (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Anyone traveling from Redondo Beach to Carlsbad?

By chance is anyone traveling from or through the Redondo Beach area on the way to Carlsbad on Friday? I'm at Henry Lim's place in Redondo Beach. I figure I have three options: 1) rent a car 2) take a bus 3) try to score a ride with someone --Todd (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

Larry, I've been told by the folks at Knotts that the pass should be honored as long as it has the 2003 cert. Ray (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

In lugnet.trains (and a bazillion other groups), Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip 2 things> OK, 3 things... 3. Ray, you should have set FUT to a small subset of the original groups.. but failing that, **I** should have noticed it wasn't set, and (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

(...) This is way cool. Two things: 1. it would have been nice to give more advance notice of this, if it was available... this is the sort of thing that some people would fly out for if they had enough notice. 2. will Knott's be honoring 2002 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day

The SCLTC is proud to announce it's participation in the 2nd Annual Knott's Rail Fan Weekend and Railroad Enthusiasts Day, January 11-12, 2003, Knott's Theme Park, Buena Park, CA Our latest Multi-level Mountain town layout will be appearing for 2 (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.trains.org.scltc) !

  SCLTC at Cal Stewart Show in Pasadena, California!

We've done another show! (And it's still happening!) On November 9-10, 2002, the Southern California LEGO Train Club displayed their mountain layout at the Cal Stewart show in Pasadena, California. (Wait a second... today's the 9th, so why am I (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la) !

  LIC Aneheim Update

We just got back from our little anniversary trip to Disneyland Resort and I thought I'd post a small shopping update regarding the Lego Imagination Center at Downtown Disney. Surprises: No planes (had my heart set on a Sopwith Camel. :( Next time, (...) (22 years ago, 28-Aug-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola)

  Re: Free Childs ticket to Legoland CA with with the purchase of selected LEGO® toys at WalMart.

They did this last year, and the sets (Millenia Throwbot?) had them up here in NoCal too. In fact, I seem to remember some people back East posting that they got sets with the sticker (card inside) too. (...) | iPlanet Support - (URL) Please do not (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Free Childs ticket to Legoland CA with with the purchase of selected LEGO® toys at WalMart.

I am assuming this is really only for the WalMarts here in southern California but I just got an email from Lego stating that when you buy Lego products with the special sticker on it you will get a free kids ticket to LL CA. Here is what the deal (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jun-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

(...) As a non-voting member, I'd like 20 April at that place, but of course I'm not a local and therefore will simply do my best to attend whenever it happens. Derek (22 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

Free is always the best! This place sounds pretty cool, provided there is enough room for all who wish to show off their MOC's and fish through Brian's buckets. I am definately in agreement for this location, if it is available. I was kinda hoping (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

I know of a place in Santa Monica that is available for free. The World Cafe 2820 Main St. has an enclosed patio adjoining the bar. They have several small tables with chairs for about 50 people. Outdoor patio too. The owner said we just need to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

How about setting up a gathering in a public place? The role-playing group I used to run had our meetings at Round Table Pizza, in their private, walled-off meeting room. Since they knew we were buying pizza and drinks, they didn't care how many (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Next Lugola meeting

(...) No joke there! I saw more cool stuff at BW2002 than I've seen in quite some time. (...) Lae March/Early April was mentioned by more than a few people as a likely timeframe. The 'where' question can only be answered by the person(s) who wish to (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Next Lugola meeting

Alright, everyone I guess it is high time to start the discussions of our next meeting. Hopefully BricksWest inspired all of us to build bigger and better stuff. A few of us mentioned that early April would probably be best, now the bigger question (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-02, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Place to stay? Please?

(...) Anyone? Maybe if I have 3 roommates, I can afford a hotel, but otherwise I need a place to crash, or I just can't come. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (22 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Place to stay? Please?

Hey all, February is really creaping up, and I still don't know if I can go to BricksWest. I can't afford to stay in a hotel, so I'd really like to be able to crash at one of you local's houses. If you're driving to LLC every day of the fest, you're (...) (22 years ago, 29-Dec-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Place to stay?

Hmm, looks like this post never appeared, so I'll try again: All, The registration cost being as high as it is for BricksWest, and me being a poor student means I can't really afford to stay in a hotel. Could anyone put me up for 3 nights? (I'm (...) (23 years ago, 3-Dec-01, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  ***NOVEMBER 3RD MEETING INFO***

Hello LUGOLA! This will be the final LUGNET posting before our big meeting on Saturday, so I opted to fill it full of everything we'll need for that day. First up, I want to say 'hello' to all the new folks who've contacted us about joining LUGOLA (...) (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: 100+ Set Blowout now/at next meeting!

Hi Mark...you wouldn't happen to be planning a trip to L.A. on November 3rd, would you? :) LUGOLA love's it's Northern brethren....please contact me if you consider this a good idea and I'll see what the concensus is. -Dave (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LUGOLA meeting--> November 3rd, 2001

(...) Matthew Gerber (...) Sounds great, Matt! You are officially added to the meeting list....and, no, you won't be driving the furthest to get here. That honor usually belongs to our member in UC Berkley.... BricksWest activities would definitely (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  LUGOLA Meeting-September 2001

Announcement tomorrow (8/24/01) once I have access to my email account-important info happens to be in there regarding this meeting. -Dave Johann LUGNET Member #524 Founding Member: LUGOLA HardCore's Haven (URL) Bionicle: Lego Mecha Creations (URL) (23 years ago, 24-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Life on Mars truck tour

Luckily I check lego.com on a regular basis. It seems that the truck tour is going to be back out our way, here is the info: Friday, August 31st from 12 noon to 6pm at the Block at Orange Saturday, September 1st (no time given) at Legoland (...) (23 years ago, 23-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: Back at long last

Welcome Back Color Guru!!!!! We await the remaining members of the Zodiac tribe!!! Eric (...) (23 years ago, 3-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: Back at long last

Cool, Its nice to have you back and active. Dave Johann <hardcoredj@techie.com> wrote in message news:GHFruF.D3D@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) for 7 (...) The site (...) give (...) items (...) touch, (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: Back at long last

Hi Dave, welcome back! I expect to see a *lot* from you! BTW the site looks great. Very clean design. The bio looks good too, very long and interesting. - Mladen Pejic (...) 7 (...) site (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: Back at long last

Hey Dave it's good to see you back online. Now let's see some mecha! Later, Bryce (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Back at long last

Well everyone, as I promised LUGOLA I'd do, I'm breaking my silence before the next meeting. I've been lurking for about a month mow after being offline for 7 months. I wrote about this in the biography section on my updated site. The site isn't (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.people)

  Re: LEGO shopping in LA?

(...) (URL) (...) Thanks... are they charging MSRP or do they have nice discounts too? I was hoping to pick up some cheap RDS and Robosports sets, which are not available in Holland (British Airways allows me to bring 2*30 kgs of stuff back home.... (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: LEGO shopping in LA?

Well, it doesn't get much better than LEGO Imagination Station at Downtown Disney. Get info here: (URL) fun! Matt (...) (23 years ago, 9-May-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact