 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 169
168  |  170
Subject:
***NOVEMBER 3RD MEETING INFO***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 05:43:39 GMT

Hello LUGOLA!

This will be the final LUGNET posting before our big meeting on Saturday, so I
opted to fill it full of everything we'll need for that day. First up, I want to
say 'hello' to all the new folks who've contacted us about joining LUGOLA this
time around. We've never recieved this many requests at once, and we thank you
for it. You are more than welcome to join us at the meeting.

We are looking forward to meeting in Monrovia at 1 pm on Saturday, November 3rd
at Bryce McGlone's Mecha workshop (his home). We have quite a few things going
on this time around including: BricksWest planning, Lego show and tell, and our
usual buy/sell/trade sessions. I'd encourage anyone with a list of what they are
looking to acquire parts-wise to email me a list and I'll send it out to the
group by Thursday night.

Lunch will be served, with dinner options available nearby for those who stick
around. Please arrive early if possible, due to the recent time change and the
early sun setting.

Current list of attendees (and what they'll be bringing):
Bryce McGlone (Mecha + a pair of mystery mecha)
Dave Johann (some mecha, 8 Hoverthings, some trade items, Kanohi)
Matt Gerber (Brickswest info + ?)
Chris Snead (mecha)
Jason Sutherland (I forgot to ask)
Scott Costello (a mystery creation, Kanohi)
Henry Lim (I forgot to ask, but we'd love to see a mosaic or sculpture)
Seth Rotkin (Lego Animation knowledge)
Robert Powell (Train layout, buildings)
Dan Jassim (Something spacey, I'm sure :))
Sun Yun (Mecha please!!!! Anything else you'd like to bring)
Dan Drew (I forgot to ask)
Jimmy Park + Betty (sale stuff, trade stuff, possible castle MOCs)
The Michon Family (an airport and a new table design)

Derek Schin (tentative)
Ace Kim (tentative)

As you can see, we have nearly 20 people coming this time around, complete with
a wide variety of Lego interests. There will certainly be something new and
interesting for you to see.

Carpools are forming from the following areas: San Fernando Valley. If you'd
like to add your vehicle to the mix, please post back detailing the area you are
coming from. We'd really like to add an Orange County carpool if at all
possible. Please contact me if you are willing to do this and I'll immediately
give you the contact info.

(DIRECTIONS GIVEN VIA EMAIL)

Nearby Lego Shopping: WalMart, Target. TRU isn't far off either.

I hope I didn't forget anything, but I probably did. I'll contact everyone if I
notice anything is amiss.

-Dave Johann
LUGNET Member #524