 Local / United States / California / *829 (-20)
  Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

Well, for the first meeting, we have some things to discuss - major things that are hard to change later on. We need to set up standards for module construction, track locations, spacing, number of lines, etc. These are critical, since it determines (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  RE: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

Mark Benz typed his opinions thusly; (...) I think having separate meeting for BayLUG and BayLTC is OK. (Since trains take up a lot of room, and a combined meeting would mean that trains would be sharing the space, and tables, with the other themes. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  RE: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

Hi, I think we should have both together, particularly if there is (or not?) a meeting in Albany as well. The room is big enough, and we can get lots of tables. LMK what you think. I would like to also have a kids (and adults) brick pile like we did (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  RE: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting

HI, I think I replied to you already, but do not recall for sure. The Fukaya room is booked MARCH not MAY 12, that I know of for BAYLUG use. Either trains or general. Mark (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug)

  Re: Space Jambalaya box headed my way sometime - who wants to trade into it?

(...) Tom, Absolutely he does - I'll let you know when I get the box. Roger (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Space Jambalaya box headed my way sometime - who wants to trade into it?

This was posted in Jambalaya today: ---...--- Subject: Space Box #1 underway Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 01:16:04 GMT From: Adam Yulish <bwappo@ee.net> Here's the ordered list, optimized (roughly) geographically to make a trip around the USA: Chad Smith (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  (canceled)

  Spider Slayer 3038/8266 for $39.90

Maybe Cyber Slam ain't your thing, but this set has a motor and shorter-length electrical cable as well as 368 other pieces, some of which are longer black Technic beams, a decent supply of half beams in black, cyan and magenta, and a battery box. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Spider Slayer 3038/8266 for $39.90

Maybe Cyber Slam ain't your thing, but this set has a motor and shorter-length electrical cable as well as 368 other pieces, some of which are longer black Technic beams, a decent supply of half beams in black, cyan and magenta, and a battery box. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  FOTM: #6399 for $92!

Toy Go Round comes through again! On first glance, the set appears to be 90% complete. There are a few missing minifigs as well as the windshields for the train (which I can replace easily). Some of the stickers will most likely not be salvageable. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  San Jose Mindstorm Experts?

This may help...I just recieved it this afternoon, so it sounds like the same group that you are looking for. (Now I know a bit more about what they are planning to organize! ;-) -Z- (...) -- The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) is open to kids (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Anyone know about a local kids' Mindstorms focus group or Mindstorms contact info?

(...) I just got some email from one of the people putting it on, so end of problem. :-) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Anyone know about a local kids' Mindstorms focus group or Mindstorms contact info?

(...) I just got some email from one of the people putting it on, so end of problem. :-) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  Anyone know about a local kids' Mindstorms focus group or Mindstorms contact info?

I just posted this to the SJ group, but as it doesn't seem to be very active I thought I'd try this group too. Hi y'all ... earlier this week someone from Mindstorms called my house asking if one of my children, Sam, would like to be in a kids' (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Anyone know about a local kids' Mindstorms focus group or Mindstorms contact info?

Hi y'all ... earlier this week someone from Mindstorms called my house asking if one of my children, Sam, would like to be in a kids' Mindstorms focus group to be held in Sunnyvale very soon. When Sam heard about this he very much wanted to be in (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

Steve, Thats funny you mention the "creative memories" die-cut cutters, my wife just got some the other day and I was already thinking of how I could use them for my trains.. ha! jt sebarile-MOBL wrote in message ... (...) would (...) -- James J. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Anyone in LA?

I'm in West LA. And you know what? I think I've met you before. Do you work at the UCLA Music Library? -Peter Merryman (one time employee of the UCLA Music Lib. Spec. Coll.) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.la)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

Cutting out carefully is a drag! And in our case an oval is a hard shape to cut nicely. I thought about a die-cut cutter. My wife has a ton of them for her "creative memories" stuff. I bet an oval is available, although this would dictate the size (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

That would apply to shades of gray as well. I would suspect that printing pink or yellow or light blue on a sticker that goes over a black piece will likely have some color bleed through, also. Why not just print the sticker on white adhesive paper (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

  Re: BayLTC Logo finished

Some bad news... As you all may know PNLTC has recently adopted a new logo ((URL) found that any logo with "white" in it has trouble! Most (99%) printers don't print white. So if you are going to print this on to clear stickers... The white comes (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.publish)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact