 Local / United States / Arizona / 149
Re: Influence of heat treatment on Lego® bricks + minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.az
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:52:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeremy Scott writes:
http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/album10/abm

I guess I can thank you for doing all the work for me.  I envisioned an
arrangement using similar melted bricks as the logo for what may one day be
the Arizona LUG. This is because I have often refered my home state as the
land where the bricks melt.  Though not true (our all time record high has
is only 123F[1][2]) the slogan and logo idea I have could be a funny way to
represent the people from the AZ desert heat.  I haven't had the time to
rally the locals and form the club, though others have been trying, but one
day we'll get there...

~just your nieghborhood lugneter,
Jeremy Scott

[1] Around June 20, 1993 IIRC
[2] It isn't that hot right now, we are in our summer rain season.

XPOST: loc.us.az

Ok, I only had in mind, that 100°F is a extreme summer temperature
(nearly(?) never reached, where I live).

Just to help those, who think in Farenheit:

Celsius Fahrenheit
-20 = -4
-10 = 14
0 = 32
10 = 50
20 = 68
30 = 86
100 = 212
120 = 248
140 = 284
160 = 320

TFahrenheit = (TCelsius * 9 / 5 ) + 32)
TCelsius = (TFahrenheit - 32 ) * 5 / 9)

Lego is stable up to ca 165°F (at least for a reasonable time). With a maximum
of 120°F you are definitely on the safe side. Anything over 175°F will destroy
your elements. Only the oil can survived even a temperature of 320°F!

The 104°F washing tempperature - which Lego suggests - depends on the typical
°C washing temperature for coloured clothes.

Regards,

Ben