 General / 37710
Re: Influence of heat treatment on Lego® bricks + minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:20:14 GMT

[snip]
a few years ago, LEGO suggested in its catalogs that if you plan
on washing your elements to never go above 104 degrees Farenheit (or however
you spell that word).  I do not know how much that is in Celsius but a 104
degree reading in the farenheit scale seems kind of toasty to me.  Of
course, I personally can not confirm this but maybe you can ask that
question to the Great Redini because floating head people generally know
more than us normal people.
Jesse Alan Long

104 deg F is 40 deg C

other interisting temperatures

Freezing: 32 deg F, 0 deg C
boiling: 212 deg F, 100 deg C

the above test stared out at 21 deg C that is aprox room temp 69 deg F

for more fun with temperature conversion go here:
http://www.webwinder.com/wwhtmbin/jtempcon.html

john