 General / 37676
Re: Influence of heat treatment on Lego® bricks + minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:31:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Hi all!

Have you ever thought abou the maximum washing temperature for dirty Lego®
bricks?
At what temperature will Lego® bricks get damaged - for e.g. in summer in your
car or in your house's Lego® room under the roof?

I did the ultimate test today. See the (partly surprising) results here in
this gallery (use the >> buttons to navigate from picture to picture).

http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/album10

This was heating in air.

Can you comment on the shine of the elements? I have observed some
discoloration (whitening or fading) when elements are overheated when in too
hot water. Did you see any of that? The very melted elements seem quite shiny.

Thanks for doing this test.