 Local / United Kingdom / 982
Re: Southern LEGOFest - 18th September
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 22:18:23 GMT

Hmmmm - perhaps before we all go to this event we should all post
up want lists and prepared-to-trade lists.  I'd assumed that since
I like all the sets I've got I wouldn't want to trade any of them.
Having just looked at your list now I'm not so sure. So you'd like
to swap a red railway station for a yellow one? It's possible I may be
interested in doing that (no guarantees yet so don't hold out for it if
you get any other offers -
depends on what I'm feeling in a month or so's time).

As for 6547 Funfair, it's only 4 or 5 months ago that the Entertainer
stores in Amersham and I think Uxbridge were stacked full of them, reduced
to £10. Don't know if they still have any left, but it might be worth
giving them a ring. I've bought goods from them by post before.

Simon
http://www.SimonRobinson.com

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jonathon Goldsworthy writes:
I'd like to do all 3 too, but since I don't have any particularly rare sets,
I'll be happy doing just the first 2.

I would love a 4554 and a 6547, but don't hold out much hope.

Possible trades are MIB: 1808, 1818, 2147, 2150, 3442, 4536, 4537, 6316,
6317, 6350, 6342, 7866.
Not all of them, you understand! :-)

Huw, if you manage to get hold of one of those TWA sets (for me), I'll be
very very happy.
I've asked people in our US office, but nobody flies TWA. If anybody ever
does, I'll be asking for at least 4 sets, because I know you'd want one.
I have some colleagues going off to Cape Town again soon, so I may ask them
to pick up a few more flags.

Gee, I hope I can make it on the 18th/19th. It sounds like fun.
I'll probably bring my 5yr old daughter, but my wife will be giving it a
very wide berth!!

Jonathon

Huw Millington wrote in message ...
Eeek! Is this primarily a trading event? I don't think I have any stuff • to
trade - I
was just assuming it would be a social gathering.

Primarily I foresee it as a social gathering, to put faces to names and to
talk about all things LEGO.

However it would be foolish not to also use it as a swap meet for those • that
want to, and to 'show-off' any particularly old or rare items attendees may
wish to bring.

I'll certainly be doing all 3.

Huw