 Local / United Kingdom / 951
Re: LEGO Shopping in Stockholm & UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 01:18:09 GMT

Richard Dee wrote in message ...
On Sat, 10 Jul 1999 20:33:46 GMT, Mike Walsh uttered the following
profundities...

It is a shame you didn't go into the park, it is quite good in
Miniland! You would also have stumbled into the Dacta shop, though
prices are expensive.....

I would have really liked to spend sometime in Miniland however, my time was
limited and I didn't want to rush through it.  I am reasonalbly sure I will
be back sooner or later, hopefully with more time next time.

After returning to my hotel (well I visited Windsor Castle first, which • is
by the way, quite impressive) I went to the TRU near Heathrow, where Huw
Millington had told me I might still find a World Cup starter set, which • I
did!  In fact, I found a bunch of them.  Unfortunately, they all have
serious shelf wear, boxes have been resealed, and most are somewhat • crushed.
Hmmm ... decisions, decisions. Which one(s) to buy.  Can't buy them all • ...
hmm.  I ended up buying six of them as my brother-in-law (an ex-college
soccer player) asked for three if I could find them.

Yeah, those sets I have been leaving there for many, many
months now, in the hope that they would go on sale, and they
never have! Did you leave me any? How much did you pay?

I left five of them and I paid 16 pounds each.  I left the five most beat up
sets in the lot.  I don't know if 16 pounds is a good deal or not but since
they are virtually impossible to come by in the US I really didn't worry too
much about the price.  What did the starter set sell for when it was
originally available?

Mike - mike_walsh@mentorg.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh