 Marketplace / Shopping / 562
Re: LEGO Shopping in Stockholm & UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:38:49 GMT

In article <FF3Hru.F3q@lugnet.com>, Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mentorg.com>
writes

You paid £16 each for these sets - do you know you can claim the VAT
back by filling in the appropiate form - might be a bit late now but
useful in the future when you come back - you can reclaim one-sixth of
the cost per item.

It also works vice-versa - we can claim sales tax back - too late for my
oldest brother though after his Seattle excursion to see his friends
wedding and to see Matt Chiles - wished I could have gone :-(

I did get the VAT refund.  A grand total of £10 on my purchases.  Seems to
me like it was a bit less than a sixth, closer to a tenth.  I spent about
£100 on and got £10 back.  Not a lot, but I'll take what ever I can get.  My
VAT refund in Sweden was also less than I expected.

If my experience is anything to go by (had to pay duty on a package sent
from the US), they charge you £5 'administration' just to look at the
form :(

--
Tony Priestman