 Marketplace / Shopping / 560
Re: LEGO Shopping in Stockholm & UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 21:51:43 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote:
Following up on my own post.
I am finally back in North Carolina and just had a chance to go through the
six World Cup starter sets I purchased in the UK.  As I mentioned in an
earlier post, what a grab bag!  From the six sets I have enough components
to have five (5) complete sets.  The sets were all mixed up, two of the
goals were in one box and another box had none (lucky on this one).  One box
had two sets of field bases

You paid £16 each for these sets - do you know you can claim the VAT
back by filling in the appropiate form - might be a bit late now but
useful in the future when you come back - you can reclaim one-sixth of
the cost per item.

It also works vice-versa - we can claim sales tax back - too late for my
oldest brother though after his Seattle excursion to see his friends
wedding and to see Matt Chiles - wished I could have gone :-(

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170