 Local / United Kingdom / 7978
Re: New Civil Engineer - Lego vs Meccano debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:53:11 GMT

oops ... shouldn't cut and paste from ftp I guess :)

http://www.minifig.co.uk/images/temp/lego-7.jpg

to think no one has noticed it till now :(

--
James Stacey
---------
www.minifig.co.uk
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.uk, James Stacey writes:
www.minifig.co.uk/web/images/temp/lego-7.jpg

Do you perchance have an updated link to that, I am getting a 404 trying • to
go to it.

The entire idea of the Falkirk Wheel is totally daft. :-)

I mean that as the highest sort of praise, mind you. Only in the UK would
this even have been tried, much less actually made to work. Isembard • Kingdom
Brunel would have been proud, I am sure of it.

Dear Paul
I enclose an image of the Lego model which was used by myself (and my 9 • year
old daughter) to develop the concept for maintaining the horizontality of
the wheel. It also had a "sophisticated" lego brick attachment which • looked
at the idea of a water driven wheel using ballast tanks in the form of • hooks
at the end of each arm.
best regards
Tony Kettle