 Local / United Kingdom / 7975
Re: New Civil Engineer - Lego vs Meccano debate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:10:33 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, James Stacey writes:
www.minifig.co.uk/web/images/temp/lego-7.jpg

Do you perchance have an updated link to that, I am getting a 404 trying to
go to it.

The entire idea of the Falkirk Wheel is totally daft. :-)

I mean that as the highest sort of praise, mind you. Only in the UK would
this even have been tried, much less actually made to work. Isembard Kingdom
Brunel would have been proud, I am sure of it.

Dear Paul
I enclose an image of the Lego model which was used by myself (and my 9 year
old daughter) to develop the concept for maintaining the horizontality of
the wheel. It also had a "sophisticated" lego brick attachment which looked
at the idea of a water driven wheel using ballast tanks in the form of hooks
at the end of each arm.
best regards
Tony Kettle