 Local / United Kingdom / 7755
Re: Santa Fe Numbers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:43:37 GMT

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote...
After I received my Santa Fe sets yesterday I was thinking about the
numbers.  Sure it would be nice to have a really low number (like less
than 10) but it would also be pretty neat to have a number that corresponds
to a classic or favorite LEGO set...
Sadly, of the three I received (A1522, A1527, and A1636) only one of
them is actually a LEGO set number and it (1636) was a 3+ Basic Bucket of
Bricks (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1636) - not very glamorous!

In lugnet.trains, Lawrence Wilkes writes:
I have a 6027 Bat Lord's Catapult

My Santa Fe just arrived - it's number A3666.  From the registry, it looks
to be the first one with a '666' in it.  The equivalent set <set:3666> is
the Fabuland Service Station, btw.  [::Turns to side camera::] Grreat.

The numbers will remain in the packet however, as it's going to wear the
'27' stickers, and be assembled on the 27th (my birthday).  Not sure if the
front ones will go on, or just the side ones (so I could maybe swap for the
printed ones later).

I'm tempted to take a scalpel to the STAMP too, so that the whole thing can
be disassembled.  Anyone got any advice on how best to do this?  Like,
before or after the sticker is applied?

I'll probably get another if the fabled B-kit appears, but not until.

Jason J Railton