 Local / United Kingdom / 7090
Re: International Society of Meccanomen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 04:17:46 GMT

Wow, Mechano...

Once upon a time (1976) my Erector collection (of course, shared with my
older brother) was larger and more versatile than my little pile of red and
white Lego. That's because it was a hand-me-down from my grandfather. I
wonder where it is now?

One thing about that stuff was, we kept it in a steel box, and every time it
was opened it gave off a rust smell. A smell of iron filings, light oil, and
old paper.