 Local / United Kingdom / 7082
Re: International Society of Meccanomen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:11:04 GMT

good grief, all sounds a bit dry dosen't it
just looked at their website, dosen't exactly encourage you to join,
exceedingly formal and undfriendly, and 14squids a year.

Anyone got any idea how many times Mechanno has gone bust and been brought
up in the last few years, I know its been a few.

--
James Stacey

"Tom Trentham" <Tom@Trentham.com> wrote in message

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
The Meccano can I opened continues to spill worms...

I have had the following email from the Chairman of the International
Society of Meccanomen:

<snip>

Does the International Society of Meccano*men* allow women or is it an
entirely male society?  Surely that's not 'Politically Correct' these • days.
Think of the MCC, etc.

Seems to me that they are not quite up to the social, cultural and
technological standards of LUGNET.

Tom.