 Local / United Kingdom / 6859
Re: More Rip Off Britain from LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:54:30 GMT

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GGBErp.AL7@lugnet.com...

I understand your point - and I am just as unhappy as you are. But as long
as we buy the sets at that price, they will sell tham at that price. I am
sure the prices they have set were done after considering just what the
market is willing to pay.

I wonder how many UK people buy the shop at home exclusives?
I wonder how many of them are NOT active or at least aware of lugnet?

Would concerted effort by the UK lugnet community be important to or even recognised by Lego?

e.g. if we all said "we are not buying your 10014 at 20% premium" would they take notice or even care?

Or more to the point do any of us care?
Or is the UKAFOL so addicted it just places bulk orders regardless?

I have to say, that despite this little rant of mine, I am not particularly interested in the 10014.
BUT, I am interested in some of the other new train wagons, and dont want to see them appearing at a 20% premium. I can
accept the 10% usual though.

Just being vigulant!

regards
lawrence